If you already have some experience in skitouring, but you would like to extend your skills related to secure exploring the mountains in the winter season, we invite you to our avalanche skills trainings. Experienced instructors – Tatra Mountain guides and TOPR rescuers (Tatra Volunteer Search and Rescue) – will teach you how to handle the Avalanche Safety Gear, assume the risk of avalanche flow and select an appropriate trail of the trip in order to reduce the above mentioned risks. Join us and see how beautiful Tatra Mountains are in the winter.
Approximately 4-5 hours
Caution: please take into account that duration of our trainings and trips can slightly extend (maximum about 1 hour)
Where it does take place:
We customize our trip depending on the weather conditions and avalanche risk level of. The instructor is allowed to change the assumed plan during the training, if he/she determines that the weather conditions are dangerous.
The programme includes:
- basic information about avalanches and a code of behavior in the mountains
- exercises with the Avalanche Safety Gear (detector, probe, shovel ) – learning how to handle it properly and practical exercises
- knowledge about avalanches illustrated on the examples of the surrounding area
What should you take with you?
(it’s not necessary, but we highly recommend having these things):
- backpack with a capacity of approximately 25-30 l (you have to pack all your stuff in it)
- warm ski clothes (jacket and pants)
- something to eat (chocolate bars/ fruits / sandwiches)
- something to drink (tea or other beverage)
- light jacket of Goretex or Primaloft type – during the ascent you can heat yourself up pretty much, so it’s good to have some lighter clothing to put on you, and it is preferred to leave the warm clothing for the training time and the downhill travel
- gloves – one lighter pair for the ascent and the warmer one for the exercises and downhill
- multifunctional scarf of Buff type – it works better during the ascent, because it lighter that the cap/seamed cap
- comfortable socks
- thermo-active underwear
Cost and reservation:
- from 90 euro per person per day
- avalanche kit rental – 40 PLN per person per day
Mountain Explorers Ski Rental, Kuźnice, Zakopane. It is best to leave a car on the parking lot at Bronisław Czech Street (it is the street that goes from Rondo Kuźnickie towards the ski jump), and from there go to Kuźnice by mini bus or by foot.
- When: Year-round offer