Do you spend your free time in Zakopane? You like skiing but you would like to try something more, and explore the Tatra Mountains in winter? We invite you to our trainings at intermediate and advanced level. It includes basic avalanche trainings, trying your ski skills off piste and overcoming trails along the most beautiful regions of the Tatra Mountains. We guarantee nice atmosphere and a professional care of the mountain guides and rescuers. We are waiting for you!
Approximately 7-8 hours
Caution: please take into account that duration of our trainings and trips can slightly extend (maximum about 1 hour)
Where it does take place:
We customize our trip depending on the weather conditions and avalanche risk level of. The instructor is allowed to change the assumed plan during the training, if he/she determines that the weather conditions are dangerous.
The programme includes:
- technique of ascending and downhill travel
- learning of swings (overcoming steep sections while ascending)
- learning of traversing – moving cross the slope
- information about selecting the most appropriate ski route (reduction of a risk of avalanches)
- basic information about avalanches and a code of behaviour in the mountains
- exercises with the Avalanche Safety Gear (detector, probe, shovel) – learning how to handle it properly and practical exercises, during which each pair must find buried avalanche detector two times
- downhill with climbing skins on
- downhill outside the ski pistes, in the different kinds of snow
What should you take with you?
(it’s not necessary, but we highly recommend having these things):
- backpack with a capacity of approximately 25-30 l (you have to pack all your stuff in it)
- warm ski clothes (jacket and pants)
- something to eat (chocolate bars/ fruits / sandwiches)
- something to drink (tea or other beverage)
- light jacket of Goretex or Primaloft type – during the ascent you can heat yourself up pretty much, so it’s good to have some lighter clothing to put on you, and it is preferred to leave the warm clothing for the training time and the downhill travel
- gloves – one lighter pair for the ascent and the warmer one for the exercises and downhill
- multifunctional scarf of Buff type – it works better during the ascent, because it lighter that the cap/seamed cap
- comfortable socks
- thermo-active underwear
- Kuźnice -> Dolina Jaworzynki -> Hala Gąsienicowa -> Stawy Gąsienicowe -> Karb -> Czarny Staw Gąsienicowy -> Hala Gąsienicowa -> Kuźnice
- Kuźnice -> Hala Kondratowa -> Kopa Kondracka -> Hala Kondratowa -> Kuźnice
Note: The trails, which we will overcome at the weekend are intended for the adepts of ski touring with good physical condition and very good skiers. The proposed downhills are also at the intermediate level – we always offer two variants – easier and more advanced.
Cost and reservation:
- from 90 euro/person
- avalanche kit rental – 40 PLN per person per day
- skitour equipment (full set) – 120 PLN per person per day
Remember: This is exemplary calculation for 8-9 hours trip/course for 4 persons. Contact us and we will create trip based on your requirements.
Mountain Explorers Ski Rental, Kuźnice, Zakopane. It is best to leave a car on the parking lot at Bronisław Czech Street (it is the street that goes from Rondo Kuźnickie towards the ski jump), and from there go to Kuźnice by mini bus or by foot.
- When: Year-round offer