You are in Zakopane and you don’t have any idea how to spend your time? Would you like to actively explore the Tatra Mountains? Just visit us and take part in our skitouring trainings for beginners. It includes basic avalanche trainings, mastering your uphill and downhill technique as well as choice of proper equipment – all of this under the watchful eye of the Tatras real masters – mountain guides and TOPR rescuers (Tatra Volunteer Search and Rescue). Discover the potential and beauty of the Tatras with us!
THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
WHAT SHOULD YOU TAKE WITH YOU?
(it’s not necessary, but we highly recommend having these things):
- backpack with a capacity of approximately 25-30 l (you have to pack all your stuff in it)
- warm ski clothes (jacket and pants)
- something to eat (chocolate bars/ fruits / sandwiches)
- something to drink (tea or other beverage)
- light jacket of Goretex or Primaloft type – during the ascent you can heat yourself up pretty much, so it’s good to have some lighter clothing to put on you, and it is preferred to leave the warm clothing for the training time and the downhill travel
- gloves – one lighter pair for the ascent and the warmer one for the exercises and downhill
- multi-functional scarf of Buff type – it works better during the ascent, because it lighter that the cap/seamed cap
- comfortable socks
- thermo-active underwear
- Kuźnice –> Myślenickie Turnie –> Hala Goryczkowa –> Patelnia –> Downhill along the ski piste
- Kuźnice –> Dolina Jaworzynki –> Przełęcz między Kopami –> Hala Gąsienicowa –> Downhill from Hala Gąsienicowa towards Nosal
- Kuźnice –> Hala Goryczkowa –> Hala Kondratowa –> Ascend under the”stone” –> Downhill along the trail and then along the ski piste
- Kuźnice –> Dolina Olczyska –> Wielki Kopieniec –> Downhill on the trail to Toporowa Cyrhla –> Return trip to Zakopane by bus
Please note: Each of the above mentioned trails is intended for beginning ski touring adepts – they feature a relatively short ascent with a length of approximately 3.5 – 5 km, 400-500 meter of elevation difference, as well as easy downhill.
COST AND RESERVATION:
- 45 euro/person – 4h trip
- 65 euro/person – 4h trip + renting skitour equipment
- 75 euro/person – 4h trip + renting skitour equipment + avalanche equipment
Remember: This is exemplary calculation for 4 hours trip/course for 4 persons. Contact us and we will create trip based on your requirements.
“Tatra Trade” Ski Rental located in a large building near Rondo Kuźnickie (right next to it you can find Alpin Sport shop, Tatrzański Bar Mleczny (Tatras Dairy Bar) “Wolf Trail” Ski Rental). The entrance to the ski rental is on the right side of the building. It is preferred to leave a car on the parking lot at Bronisław Czech Street (it is the street that goes from Rondo Kuźnickie towards the ski jump), and from there go to the “Tatra Trade” Ski Rental by foot.